Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Flytec Race and Rally - first 2 tasks

The rally started with a blue day and a task taking us from Quest to Keystone. It certainly was an ambitious goal and no-one made it. I was over-aggressive, leading out in the blue. At first, I was finding good lift and worked my way against the wind, but after 40 km, I had to land and saw a massive gaggle flying by. Apparently all the others decided to stay together. I had a really bad score for the task...
The second task took us from Live Oak to Moultry, Georgia. It was a 120 km headwind task, with beautiful clouds along the course. I took the first start gate and was on my own again. Most took the second and I was hoping to get a really good run when they would catch up with me. Sadly, I got low halfway through the course and I saw Jonn flying over me at cloudbase. Damn, I missed that train... Still, 13th for the day is a good score. I'm now 30th overall, so there's a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment