Friday, June 24, 2011

Flying in Nova Gorica and heading to the Croatian Nationals

Yesterday I left a very wet Greifenburg and headed for Nova Gorica. I picked up the Ukrainians in Tolmin, where conditions were sure to overdevelop and we headed for Lijak. We launched at 2 o'clock and everybody had a great flight. The conditions were magnificent and so was the view. We were just a little late to fly into the flats, because the south winds took the marine air very far inland.
So I ended up doing probably the most classical flight there is when starting from Lijak, flying up and down the ridge. 75 km in 2 hours, it was fun :-) Although I knew it wasn't going to work, I tried to go into the flats, but had to land soon after. The last little thermal came from a garbage belt, and smelled like it...
Tomorrow morning I'm driving to Buzet, Croatia, to participate in the Croatian Nationals. At last a competition with a good weather forecast:

No comments:

Post a Comment