Friday, June 17, 2011

Tolmin

I had 2 days of flying in Tolmin with Matjaz and Regina. Matjaz was the perfect host. Sadly both days looked menacing and we decided to land soon on both flights. But look at this picture, Tolmin is definitely one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen:

The birds in Tolmin were flying remarkably close to us. They really seemed to like to have some friends around :-)
After we decided to land, Matjaz and I did some formation flying to get some pictures. And I tried my first wingovers again after last year's incident. I slowly started some minor wingovers, because I didn't have any confidence to try them again. This time I only pulled 2/3 VG and that made a lot of difference. Less VG gives the glider a lot more pitch and handling and still a lot of speed. It almost has the same effect as turning the sprogs up for aerobatics. The improved handling quickly resulted in some confidence and I did a few proper wingovers. I missed them, it was a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment