Thursday, April 28, 2011

Arrived at the Florida Ridge

Yesterday, we drove south to the Florida Ridge Air Sports Park. I guess it is the hottest place I ever visited. Luckily there's a swimming pool, but I don't want to think to much about waiting in the start line, in the hang gliding harness, in those temperatures...
It's 9 A.M. and the first - be it small - cumulus clouds are drifting by.
We're surrounded by the everglades, so you really have to watch out where you land. But I haven't yet seen an alligator. It's nice to walk in the grass here. You don't have to worry about fire ants. But they do have loads of tiny flies here that seem to be willing to eat your skin. I'll try to keep those out of my tent.
They're currently having a paragliding comp here and the scorekeeper left his laptop on the car when he drove off to the shop... Hope they have a backup of the scores somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment